Tuesday, May 12, 2009

38 (or postscript.)

wormholes and spatial divides.

so two and a half weeks swallowed by the city. everything moves fast, but i move slow, or slower. i've heard the words "more relaxed" and "comfortable" to describe my return to the cityscape. i'm not interested in a fanfare for my return, and so far i've escaped one.

i have more undetermination than i've had my entire life. i'm not confused or lazy or unmotivated, i just have a lot to figure out and that is okay with me. i have time to figure it out, myself, my life. i owe it to myself to take that time and not be consumed by obligation. if there was one important thing i learned in costa rica, this is it. and i have four months to take it one day at a time.

slow and steady, one day at a time.

The real voyage of discovery
consists not in seeking new landscapes
but in having new eyes.
-Marcel Proust

No comments: